Build a content strategy that’s right for your business
Businesses need content–marketing content, that is. That’s the stuff that goes into emails, newsletters, blog posts, your website, and social media. Your content connects you with your audience’s wants, needs, and interests. But, what type of content do you need and why? That’s where a content strategy comes in.
A content strategy factors in the big picture of your business and customer needs for information. It helps you understand the type of content you need, why you need it, how and where to publish it, and how you manage it. But, it goes beyond just the types of content you create. It also includes how those pieces work together across platforms, such as from social media to your website, from email to a new promotion, or product or service pages to frequently asked questions.
To start creating a content approach that’s right for you and your customers, trust j.servais | WordCrafter to create a cost-effective strategy to serve your business needs.
Criteria for your strategy
When it comes to your content and a content strategy, one size doesn’t fit all. To achieve a content strategy, you need to know and understand the following details at a minimum:
- Your audience
- Your business objective
- The goals you want to achieve
- The metrics you’ll use to achieve your goals
- The content type you need to achieve your goals
You also need to know how and where to connect with your audience. In doing so, you can place your content more appropriately and use corresponding platform measurement tools. The analytics gathered from these tools can help determine whether you’ve reached your intended goal.
Available content marketing services
Jenifer offers the following editing services for your business content and technical documents:
- Content analysis: Learn how to strengthen and optimize your current content for greater impact with your customers.
- Content inventory: Build an inventory of your written and video content, from marketing materials to documentation to web content. For best results, combine this service with content analysis.
- Content strategy: Design a plan to create, publish, and manage your content and that unifies it at the right touch points for a complete customer experience.
- SEO review: See how your current content stacks up when it comes to search engine optimization.
- Social channel assessment: Get an analysis of your social strategy and metrics.
If you don’t see a particular service, ask about it.