Hello! I’m Jenifer–your content consultant and editor, specializing in B2B technical marketing. My expertise was built in the trenches of the IT industry from working with a few of the world’s largest technology companies. The practical knowledge I gained from my colleagues on the various content teams I’ve worked with is unmatched by any master’s or Ph.D. degree.
Thanks to my work experiences, I’ve gained a deep knowledge of my craft. My skills span a variety of long-form (such as blogs, books, reports, and white papers) and short-form (such as ads, e-mails, newsletters, press releases, and scripts) content. In creating that content, I’ve trained and led editing and writing teams on how to write clearly, concisely, and thoughtfully for greater engagement with their audiences and industry recognition for their companies.
I’ve been rewarded by earning the trust and respect of my colleagues to do my best work to bring out the best in them and their brand. As a result, my work has received awards from the Society for Technical Communication (STC) and accolades from clients and colleagues worldwide.
How can I help on your next project?
- WordCrafter (2018 – present): Owner
- Logi Analytics/insightsoftware (2020 – present): Marketing Content Writer
- Mayo Clinic partnership with Google (contract, 2019 – 2020): Senior Technical Communications Strategist
- Microsoft (contract, 2018 – 2019): Senior Content Editor—Azure and Dynamics 365
- developerWorks (2015 – 2017): Managing Editor, Hybrid Cloud
- Content Marketing (2013 – 2015): Content Editor
- Redbooks (1998 – 2013): Senior Technical Editor and Team Leader
See a more detailed description about my professional experience on my LinkedIn profile.
- Chicago Manual of Style
- American Psychological Association (APA) Style
- IBM Style Guide
- Microsoft Writing Style Guide
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
- PDF-Viewer/Adobe Acrobat
- Yoast SEO
- ACES: The Society for Editing
- American Writers & Artists Institute (AWAI)
- Professional Editors Network (PEN)
- Write the Docs
- Editors’ Association of Earth (Facebook group)
- Documentation and Technical Writing Management (LinkedIn Group)
- Society for Technical Communication (LinkedIn Group)
- Technical Writing and Content Management (LinkedIn Group)
- The Content Wrangler Community (LinkedIn Group)